Outreach Metric Tool (OMT)
The Outreach Metric Tool is a simple 10 question survey to complete after your outreach events. These are events that focus on students ages 4-18 and/or their adult advocates such as parents, educators, and group leaders.
The data you enter will be used internally by the SWE Outreach Committee to set goals and make strategic decisions. The data will also be used externally with sponsors to show the impact of the outreach that SWE members do. Many grants require the information we are collecting, and we need accurate information to share with them.
The Outreach Committee will generate a Monthly OMT Report, highlighting the collective outreach work of the society.
Here’s the information you should gather together before you use this tool:
- Event name and date(s)
- Section name/number or Member at Large (MAL) number for all SWE sections/MAL groups participating
- Event type
- Number of girls who participated in the event
- Number of boys who participated in the event
- Age of students who participated (Estimates are okay; report the age range of the majority)
- Number of Adults who participated – These are Parents, Educators, and other non-volunteers who participated in the event.
- Number of SWE Member volunteers
- Number of other volunteers – not SWE members
- Name of Partner Organization(s), if applicable
- Any best practices you would like to share (optional)
Go to www.surveymonkey.com/s/omtool and tell us about the outreach work you do.