At this time, we are accepting applications for the position of CLF Coordinator-Elect, who will coordinate and run CLF in FY15 (July/Aug 2014) but initially participate in organizing CLF with the current CLF Coordinator in FY14 (July August 2013).
The CLF is an annual event used as an opportunity to train Region Collegiate Representatives (RCRs), Region Collegiate Communications Editors (RCCEs) and Region Collegiate Senators (RCSs). CLF was started in 2005 by a recommendation from the Student Transition Team. Beyond RCRs, RCCEs, and RCSs, the CLF was expanded in 2006 to include the SWE Future Leaders (SWEFLs). This year, CLF will take place in Peoria, Illinois.
The CLF typically takes place in conjunction with the SWE BOD installation (late July-early August). Participants who attend CLF will take part in activities including the BOD installation dinner, leadership training, SWE training, professional development, and networking with other collegiate leaders, the Region Governors, and BOD members.
The duties of the CLF Coordinator include:
- Coordinating and budgeting all travel and housing logistics for each participant, including flights, hotel, and food
- If needed, finding trainer(s) for the RCSs and SWEFLs attending CLF
- Working with the RCR/RCCE Coordinator and Coordinator-Elect and Senator trainers to develop the conference schedule (i.e. training sessions, networking opportunities, evening activities, etc.)
- Determining and coordinating sponsor involvement with participants
- Updating the Director of Professional Development and HQ contact on budget and training activities
Previous CLF attendance is preferred, but it is not a requirement of the position. Please note that this is a two year position, beginning immediately in January 2013 with the planning of CLF for FY14.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill out the form and submit all requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline for CLF Coordinator-Elect is January 20, 2013. Top candidates will be interviewed. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the CLF Coordinator at email@example.com.